Special Issue: Party Democracy
and Direct Democracy
Guest Editors: Susan Scarrow and Patrick
Susan E. Scarrow,
- "Democracy within--and
without--Parties: Introduction," 275-282.
- Andreas Ladner and Michael Brändle,
- "Does Direct Democracy Matter
for Political Parties? An Empirical Test in the Swiss
- Wolfgang C. Müller,
- "Plebiscitary Agenda-Setting
and Party Strategies: Theoretical Considerations and
Evidence from Austria," 303-315.
- Darin David Barney and David Laycock,
- "Right-Populists and
Plebiscitary Politics in Canada," 317-339.
- Susan E. Scarrow,
- "Parties and the Expansion of
Direct Democracy: Who Benefits?" 341-362.
- Jan Teorell,
- "A Deliberative Defence of
Intra-Party Democracy," 363-382.
- Patrick Seyd,
- "New Parties/New Politics? A
Case Study of the British Labour Party,"
- Democracy and Elections,
Richard S. Katz. New York: Oxford University Press,
- Party Politics, 5 (July 1999), pp. 407-409.
(Reviewed by André Blais)
- Partisan Approaches to
Postwar American Politics, Byron E. Shafer (ed.).
- Chatham, NJ: Chatham House Press, 1998
Party Politics, 5 (July 1999), pp. 409-411.
(Reviewed by Kelly D. Patterson)
- The European People's
Party: Origins and Development, Thomas Jansen.
Basingstoke: Macmillan, 1998
- Party Politics, 5 (July 1999), pp. 411-412.
(Reviewed by Simon Hix)
- Ethnopolitics in the New
Europe, John T. Ishiyama and Marikle Breuning
- Boulder, Co: Lynne Rienner, 1998
Party Politics, 5 (July 1999), pp. 413-414.
(Reviewed by Cas Mudde)
- Parties and Party Systems: A
Bibliographic Guide to the Literature of Parties and
Party Systems in Europe since 1945 on CD-ROM
- Stefano Bartolini, Daniele Caramani, and Simon Hug.
London: Sage, 1998
Party Politics, 5 (July 1999), pp. 414-415.
(Reviewed by Richard S. Katz)
last updated March 2003